Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday, April 14th

Now reading The World in Six Songs by Daniel J Levitin. Great so far.

Someone once asked a group of us what each of us considered to be a thorn in our flesh. I was recently reminded of this and have been giving it some thought. In South Africa we are struggling with serious criminality issues, so maybe I could have said the fact that every house is a prison, where we cower, while criminals roam outside, is my thorn, but I've decided that our draconian anti-smoking laws are my thorn. Although obesity and alcohol are the cause of far more health problems than smoking here, fat people are still allowed to eat cakes, chips, anything in public. Alcoholics may still drink as much as they please in public. I may no longer smoke while having an espresso on the veranda of a restaurant and I deeply resent that.

Vegetarian Tapenade

200g Olives, pipped
20g Capers
5g Green peppercorns in brine (drained)
30ml Fresh Lemon Juice
50ml Olive oil
5ml Garlic
5ml Salted lemon

Combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment