Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday, February 24th 2010

Read Ultimate Blogs by Sarah Boxer last night. Loved it. Fascinating how some people can write about things that are seriously boring (How to learn Swedish/ Julia) and make you long to read more.

Meant to read The Practice of Kalachakra (a subject that I know nothing of, but might have found interesting). Sadly, I never made it through the preface.

Anyway, Ultimate Blogs made me think I might finally get my recipe book off the ground if I type out one recipe per day. Made a delicious dessert late last night, will call it a syllabub although it contains no wine or cider and I do not have a cow.

Lemon syllabub

serves 8 to 10

125ml fresh lemon juice (4-6 lemons)
2x 385g cans condensed milk
750ml whipping cream
60g cacao nibs for serving

Stir 75ml lemon juice into condensed milk and leave to thicken.
Whip cream with remaining lemon juice.
Combine cream and condensed milk.
Serve with a generous sprinkling of cacao nibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment